The unique research- and inquiry-based educational process for boys and girls at Lausanne Collegiate School includes small class sizes; inspiring and supportive faculty; and the advantage of sharing diverse cultures, experiences, opinions and interests. The renowned International Baccalaureate Programme and wide range of extra-curricular activities give Lausanne students a competitive edge in the college admission process as well as the skills and attributes necessary to explore and find success in a global environment.
As the only PK-3 through 12th grade International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in the state of Tennessee, Lausanne’s vertically aligned curriculum is designed to help students build consistent skills from year to year and to give them the opportunity to make greater connections between subjects. Students learn how subjects are not independent of one another and in fact are interdependent. Students readily apply hands-on learning and technology throughout their classroom experiences as well as enhance their studies of multiple languages and cultures. This innovative structure allows for critical thinking, creativity and collaborative and independent learning that provides students with a stronger knowledge base.
Lausanne’s mission is to prepare each of its students for college and for life in a global environment. From the school’s inception in 1926 to present day, this consistent global vision and student-centered focus has led to a wonderfully diverse school community, outstanding college and university placement and graduates who are making an impact in their communities and the world.
Seventy-eight unique countries have graced the halls of Lausanne since its founding. The co-educational atmosphere and Lausanne’s intentional recognition that children have a wide variety of learning styles and personalities builds great confidence in students and provides them with the ability to approach learning from many different angles and consequently succeed within our rigorous program. Lausanne’s differentiated learning opportunities at every grade level allow students advanced study opportunities and support systems within a socially and emotionally balanced classroom environment.
Each school division of Lausanne embraces this way of learning which creates a joyful and challenging academic environment for Lausanne’s students. The ongoing commitment to continual improvement and being better today than we were yesterday, resounds throughout the institution. Our faculty is not only devoted and passionate about this concept but also in building meaningful relationships with their students. Respected and valued for their individual skills and challenges, students thrive in this student-centered environment. The success "The Lausanne Way" of learning is apparent with each graduating class.
It's education...The Lausanne Way!
The Lausanne Way and community expectations (knowledge, truth, honor) are core value statements at Lausanne Collegiate School. Carried out by faculty, staff, parents, students and alumni, The Lausanne Way creates a mission-appropriate environment for teaching and learning.
The Lausanne Way
- WE CREATE A JOYFUL AND CHALLENGING LEARNING PROCESS.
- WE ENCOURAGE CONTINUAL SELF-REFLECTION.
- WE PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES TO SUCCEED.
- WE EMBRACE GLOBAL MINDEDNESS.
- WE FORGE MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS.
- WE BUILD CHARACTER THROUGH SERVICE TO OTHERS.
- WE EMPOWER INDIVIDUALS TO SEEK THEIR OWN JOURNEYS.
Lausanne Portrait of a Graduate
The Lausanne Portrait of a Graduate describes the skills and attributes a Lausanne graduate possesses after experiencing education The Lausanne Way.
A LAUSANNE GRADUATE IS...
- A SEEKER OF KNOWLEDGE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE IMPORTANCE OF INTELLECTUAL, PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL BALANCE TO ACHIEVE PERSONAL WELL-BEING FOR THEMSELVES AND OTHERS.
- A THINKER ABLE TO RECOGNIZE AND APPROACH COMPLEX PROBLEMS, MAKE ETHICAL DECISIONS AND UNDERSTAND AND CAPITALIZE ON HIS OR HER STRENGTHS AND LIMITATIONS.
- A CONFIDENT RISK-TAKER WITH UNDERSTANDING OF A BROAD AND BALANCED RANGE OF DISCIPLINES.
- AN OPEN-MINDED GLOBAL CITIZEN WITH A STRONG SENSE OF FAIRNESS, JUSTICE AND RESPECT FOR OTHER INDIVIDUALS, COMMUNITIES AND THE ENVIRONMENT.
- AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR WHO SEEKS AND EVALUATES A RANGE OF VIEWPOINTS.
- A CARING AND REFLECTIVE PERSON WHO RESPECTS THE NEEDS AND FEELINGS OF OTHERS AND ACTS TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE.
- AN INQUIRER WITH A PASSION TO CONTINUE A LIFELONG LOVE OF LEARNING.
Learn more about how to apply today!