August 17, 2012
Dear Upper School parents,
As we come to the end of the first week of classes, I want to tell anyone who will listen how lucky they are to be attending, sending their children to, or working at Lausanne. This is truly a special place; one that is unique in my experiences as a teacher and administrator. I would also mention what a pleasure it has been to meet so many students and parents in these first few weeks here and how grateful I am for our welcome.
Briefly, here is what is happening in the Upper School:
- Convocation is Monday. Assembly dress is required
Students and Parents…
- Whatever it Takes: Perspectives on Success in the IB, Monday, August 20, 6:30pm, 2nd floor Library (this is for all IB Diploma students and parents in grades 11 and 12)
- Class trips, Sunday-Thursday, August 26-30 (grades 11 and 12); Monday-Thursday (grades 9 and 10)
- Parent Information Night, Wednesday, August 22, 6:00pm (Class Trip Information), 6:30pm (Classroom Visits)
- Coffee Chats with Dr. Wilder beginning September 11 (grade 9), 8:30-9:30am
- US teachers have been engaged in sustained collaborative work centered on student learning and improving results. This will be the focus of our professional work in the Upper School this year. We are committed to improving our own professional practices to provide your students with the best possible opportunities for learning.
Thank you to Mrs. Martha O’Neill and all of the senior parents who attended Thursday morning Senior College Coffee. We apologize for any miscommunication or lack of communication about the event and will be sure to schedule another opportunity in the not-too-distant future.
Ronald M. Wilder, Ed.D.
Head of Upper School