Dear Lower School Families,
Welcome back. I trust that you enjoyed spending quality time with your sons and daughters over the break. We have enjoyed hearing the tales. Lower School students were scattered everywhere from Dubai to Disney last week. Faculty and staff have been busy preparing your second trimester progress reports, beginning our third trimester projects, and finalizing plans for many exciting events scheduled for the last 8 weeks of school. You received an e-mail on March 6th entitled "Important Lower School Dates" listing those important events.
If you feel compelled to request a teacher for your son or daughter for the 2012-13 school year, please do so via e-mail to me at email@example.com. All requests must be received by May 1st. Requests received after May 1st will be not be considered. Please do not allow this message to compel you to make a request that you would otherwise not make or one that you do not believe in passionately. A small percentage of our families submit teacher requests. As a faculty, we devote a great deal of time and thought to balancing our classes. We consider academics, friendships, gender, and ethnicities when forming classes for the following school year. The knowledge and experience your child’s teacher has gained from working with them throughout the course of the year equips them to make the most informed decision as your child’s best placement.
- Easter Break April 6-9 – no school
- Optional Parent Conference Week, Monday, April 10 – Friday, April 13
- April Assembly featuring our SK students, Wednesday, April 18 at 8:30 a.m.
- Lausanne Auction, Saturday, April 21 at 6:00 p.m.
- Fourth Grade Trip to Space Camp, Friday, April 27
- ERB Testing for third and fourth grade students, Monday, April 30 – Thursday, May 3
- Artsfest/Sportsfest, Friday, May 4
- Fourth Grade “Welcome to Middle School,” Monday, May 7
- New Student Play Date (families new to Lausanne for 2012-13) Saturday, May 12 from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Next Coffee Chat:
Friday, March 23 from 8:00-8:30 a.m. Mr. Graber, our Middle School Head, will be speaking to our fourth grade parents in Mrs. Douglas’ class about the transition from Lower School into Middle School. The chat will conclude with a question and answer session.
Head of Lower School