Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Concerning Lausanne Collegiate Admission
- When should I apply for Fall of 2012 admission? You should apply as soon as possible. The deadline for applying for our first round decisions is January 13. We will continue to accept applications after that time for grades where space remains available.
- What is a wait-pool? A student, who completes the application process and is accepted, though there isn’t a space available at that time, will be put in our wait-pool.
- How often are students offered a spot from the wait-pool? We never know when an opening may become available. Memphis is a very transient city and it is not uncommon for a family to be transferred out of Memphis between now and the beginning of school opening a spot for a wait-pool candidate.
- Do I need to complete the application requirements to be in the wait-pool? Yes, once a space becomes available we will only consider students who have completed the entire application process.
- How do I know what number my child is in the wait-pool? We do not rank students until an opening becomes available. At the time a place opens in a closed grade level, we look at all applicants equally to determine the best fit before offering a contract.
- What happens to the student’s application if I am not offered a place for the fall? We will forward your file to the next academic year upon request. You will not need to reapply, though you will need to update your child’s file before January 2013.
- How do you notify denied students? First we will send you an e-mail asking for you to contact us. This keeps you from being contacted at an inconvenient or inappropriate time. We are then available to discuss this decision if the parent(s) would like to contact our office.
- How are admission decisions made? We look at many factors to determine admissions for each year. Each child is assessed based on the data collected during the admission process.
- Should I apply to other Independent Schools if Lausanne is our first choice? We always counsel families to apply to more than one school. You don’t want to “put all your eggs in one basket.” It is always best to have options.
- If we are accepted and decide to wait a year, do we have to start the entire process over again? We will be glad to forward your application to the following year if requested. You will not need to reapply; though, we will need to collect updated materials.
- I am applying for Financial Assistance. When will I learn if I am offered a scholarship? The first round of FA awards will be made in April. We will work with individual families on a case-by-case basis after that point if any financial aid funds remain available.
- Do you offer full scholarships? We do not offer full scholarships. Lausanne has a need-based financial aid program.
- Do you have merit scholarships? Our scholarships are need-based. Once a family qualifies for aid, we do take a student’s merit standing under consideration when offering awards.
For more information, please contact Lausanne's Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-474-1030.