On Friday, January 4, Lausanne kicked off the year by welcoming back eight alumni who spoke to our Upper School students during Lausanne's annual Young Alumni Panel as part of Young Alumni Day.
The graduates, ranging from the classes of 2009-2018, shared about the experiences that led them to choose their colleges, universities, graduate programs, internships and careers.
They answered questions about what to expect as they enter college and if they would have done anything differently if they were to go through the college process again.
The alumni panelist who spoke included:
- Jarred Reed, Class of 2009
- BA in Political Science from George Mason University
- JD from the University of Tennessee College of Law
- Jarred is currently a Law Clerk for the Memphis law firm of Lewis Thomason
- Will Murphy, Class of 2011
- BS in Biology from Rhodes College
- MS in Pharmacology from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Will is currently a second year medical student at UT
- Sabaa Sharma, Class of 2013
- BA in Music and Business from New York University, graduating in three years
- While in college, Sabaa had 6 internships with Atlas Music Publishing, Shapiro Bernstein & Co., Viacom, Sony Music Group and Warner Music Group
- After graduating from NYU, Sabaa took a job at Warner Music Group on their International Repertoire Initiative & Global Revenue Assurance team as an Analyst, where she worked on the two biggest legal settlements in the music industry with Pandora and Sirius, as well as with several partners at Spotify, Google, YouTube, Universal, Sony, and more
- Sabaa is currently at Viacom - owner of Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, Comedy Central, VH1, and several more -- where she works alongside Viacom’s lawyers on any claims made against Viacom
- Christine Odom, Class of 2015
- Senior at Kansas State University majoring in baking and milling science and management with an option in cereal chemistry
- After she receives her bachelors of science, she plans to attend graduate school and get her masters in Grain Science and Industry, with a research focus
- She has had two internships while in college; one with General Mills in Los Angeles and another with The Mennel Milling Company in Fostoria, Ohio. She will be returning to Mennel this summer as a research and development intern
- Hannah Meskin, Class of 2017
- Sophomore at the University of Michigan in the school of Literature, Science and the Arts. Hannah plans to major in communications and minor in business
- At Michigan, she is a member of the social and analytics team at Michigan Daily newspaper and is a member of a sorority
- Last summer, Hannah interned in the marketing department at Barr Brands International in Memphis
- Milanca Wang, Class of 2018
- Freshman at Brown University considering a major in combined computer science and applied mathematics/economics, but still considering other options
- Milanca currently works for Brown’s Rockefeller Library in the East Asian Collection
- Lucas Davis, Class of 2018
- Freshman at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in exercise and sports science
- Lucas says UNC has surpassed his expectations due to its academic rigor and emphasis on research
- Jonathan Kagoo, Class of 2018
- Freshman at Georgia Tech University majoring in Aerospace Engineering
- Jonathan participates in several clubs at Georgia Tech, including Solar Racing Team and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket Archery Team
- He also participates in research in the High-Power Electric Propulsion Laboratory under Dr. Mitchell Walker
Young Alumni Day concluded as alumni met with students from the Class of 2019 in the Alumni Dining Hall.
It is always a pleasure to have our former Lynx visit and we encourage you to keep in touch! Please email the Alumni Office or call 901-474-1045.
Click here to see all the photos from the day.