ON THE COURT
- Lausanne has two players up for this week's Daily Memphian player of the week honors. Maddy Elliott '25 is a candidate following her performance against Northpoint where she scored 11 of her game-high 24 points in the second quarter as the Lynx defeated the Trojans 60-48. Jamarcus Powell '23 is a candidate following his 26 points on February 4 as the Lynx improved to 22-2 with a 59-46 victory. Voting ends on Thursday.
- A couple of weeks ago, Lausanne held their basketball homecoming games as the JV, Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys teams all took on Margolin Hebrew Academy. All three teams were victorious with the JV team winning 65-27, the Varsity Girls winning 34-5 and the Varsity Boys winning 86-42. In between the girls' and boys' games, the Homecoming Court was introduced. Congrats to our Homecoming King and Queen, Ethan Jones '23 and Kaitlyn Graham '23.
- Lausanne has some student-athletes included in the boys and girls high school basketball scoring leaders for TSSAA teams in the Mid-South through 1/28/23: BOYS: (!8) Seth Grandberry '23, (62) Jamarcus Powell '23, (69) Tre Davis '24; GIRLS (47) Maddy Elliott '25.
- The Lausanne basketball team held senior night on Monday, with our Varsity Boys using an 18-3 third quarter to blow open a close game against ECS and defeat the Eagles 66-50. The leading scorer for the Lynx was Seth Grandberry '23 with 15. Jamarcus Powell '23 had 12 and Myron Stokes '23 had 10.
- Congratulations to our 7/8 Boys Blue team, winners of their league and tournament! Way to go, Lynx!
- The Lausanne boys are district champions for the eighth time in nine years and our girls' team finished in second place in the district this year. With that finish, both teams will play at home next week in the regional tournament.
Student-Athlete Spotlight: Audrey Mefford '23
Audrey qualified for the state swim meet this weekend in Knoxville. She qualified for 200 free, 200 IM, 50 freestyle, 100 freestyle, 500 freestyle, & 100 breaststroke. Since you can only swim two, Audrey will swim 50 freestyle and 100 breaststroke.
In the classroom, Audrey holds a 4.64 GPA, is a candidate for the full IB diploma and is a member of the LynxServe and DECA clubs. After graduation, Audrey is still undecided, but is currently leaning toward attending Loyola Marymount University in CA.
Congrats Audrey and good luck this weekend!
Coming Up This Week
Here are the games coming up this week in Lausanne athletics:
- WEDNESDAY 2/8
Boys 5/6 Blue Tournament
- SATURDAY 2/11 - SATURDAY 2/18
Basketball Regional Tournament (times and location TBD)
For the latest in Lynx Athletic news, you can follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
*If you have a Lynx Athletics story idea or photos you want to share with us, you can submit those here.