The Lausanne Lynx hit the road to Murfreesboro this week for the TSSAA State Championships for spring sports, also known as Spring Fling. The Lynx have student-athletes competing for state tennis, track and soccer championships.
Lynx Win Back To Back State Championships
On Wednesday, the Lausanne Lynx boys' tennis team repeated as state champions, defeating Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) 4-0 to win the state title.
The girls' tennis team finished as state runner-up, losing a close match to the University School of Jackson (USJ) 0-4.
Track Makes Podium In State Meet
The Lausanne track team has been on the track since 9 a.m. Wednesday and have already made the podium in events.
- Luke Work '24 finishes fifth, and Drew Scott '23 finishes seventh in the shot put.
- Jamarcus Powell '23 finishes third in the high jump.
- Jamarcus Powell '23 is your state runner-up in the long jump with a jump of 21 feet, 6 1/2 inches.
- Trevor Anthony '24 finished third, and Luke Work '24 finished fourth in boys' discus.
- Lucy Fisher '23 won the state championship in the discus with a throw of 119.05 feet.
- Lee Harris '23 finished third in the 100m with a time of 10.84 seconds.
- The 4x200m relay team finished second with a time of 1:29.98.
- The 4x100m relay team suffered a DQ because of a lane violation.
Soccer Squares Off In State Semifinal Action
Behind a goal from Ryan Ruguaru '24, the Lynx beat the University School of Nashbille (USN) 1-0 to secure a spot in the title game on Thursday against Boyd-Buchanan at 6:30 p.m.
The first-half goal by Ryan Ruguaru '24 was scored on a great play from Lincoln Rasoul '25 down the right. He beat his man and crossed to Naji Ghandour'25, who acted as a decoy to allow Ryan to score the goal.
You can find all of the photos from Spring Fling here.