Regionals have wrapped up with the Lynx winning multiple regional championships across sports. This week we have sub-state in a number of sports with more trips to Murfreesboro for Spring Fling on the line.
SOccer Takes Regional Title
In a Thursday night game that was delayed by rain and began late into the evening, the Lynx soccer team didn't allow the conditions to slow them down en route to a 2-0 victory over the St. George's Gryphons.
The top-seeded Lynx got on the board early with a goal from Ryan Ruguaru '24 in the first half. Solid work in the net by Levi Dorsey and the Lynx defense kept the Gryphons scoreless and Lausanne would add a goal as the final horn sounded by Kaue Costa '23 to win the regional title by a score of 2-0/
Boys Tennis Wins Regional Title
The Lausanne boys' tennis team won their second straight regional title and secured the top seed in the state tournament bracket on Friday, defeating USJ 4-0.
Having earned the bye, the Lynx will host a match on Saturday between the winner of MTSC and King's Academy, with the winner advancing to the state semifinals in Murfreesboro.
The Lausanne girls team lost the regional title match to the Bruins, earning the #2 seed in the west. On Tuesday, the Lynx hosted the first round matchup against Grace Christian Academy from Franklin, TN. Behind solid play from the team, Lausanne defeated the Lions 4-0 to advance to the quarterfinals. Lausanne will now hit the road to play Collegedale, the #2 seed out of the east.
Track Punches Multiple Tickets To State In Regional Meet
Heading into the meet on Friday, track coach Chris Jordan knew he was headed to state. With the field events being held earlier in the week, Lausanne had already had six athletes headed to state:
- Lucy Fisher '23 (Discus)
- Jamarcus Powell '23 (Long & High Jump)
- Trevor Anthony '24 (Discus)
- Luke Work '24 (Shot Put & Discus)
- Andrew Scott '23 (Shot Put)
On Friday at Harding, five more Lynx joined them in qualifying for the state championship meet in Murfreesboro:
- Lee Harris '23 (100m)
- Nikko Bedford '23, Taylor Pendleton '25, Marterius Boyd '26, & Lee Harris '23 (4x200m relay)
- Marterius Boyd '26, Jawell Rodgers '26, Nikko Bedford '23 & Lee Harris '23 (4x100m relay)
Lee Harris Punches Multiple Tickets To State On Same Day
When Lee Harris '23 woke up Friday, he hoped it would be a good day.
"I woke up and felt pretty good," Harris said. "I knew what was on the agenda for the day, and mentally and physically, I was ready."
That agenda included a tennis match as a part of the boys' regional championship and four running events at the regional championship meet.
Read the full story
- Varsity Soccer vs. Grace Christian Academy (Franklin) - Friday
- Varsity Girls Tennis @ Collegedale - Friday
- Varsity Boys Tennis vs. MTCS/King's Academy Winner - Saturday
- Girls State Tennis Team Semifinals - Tuesday
- Boys State Tennis Team Semifinals - Tuesday
- Track & Field State Meet - Wednesday
- Girls Team State Tennis Finals - Wednesday
- Boys Team State Tennis Finals - Wednesday
- Soccer State Semifinals - Wednesday