In January, Lausanne will begin hosting a monthly SEL (Social and Emotional Learning) speaker series via Zoom. The series intends to give school constituents guidance and resources as we continue to navigate the pandemic.
The series begins with acclaimed author Jonathan Mooney on January 12, 2021, at 7 p.m. Mooney is the author of The Short Bus: A Journey Beyond Normal and Normal Sucks: How to Live, Learn, and Thrive Outside the Lines and numerous articles and talks.
"We are fortunate to have this outstanding group of experts, several of who are members of our school community, to present on these timely topics for us. Their respective areas of expertise can add value to our daily lives during these stressful times and beyond," said Greg Graber, Lausanne's Director of SEL.
The SEL Speaker Series will take place monthly throughout the school year via a virtual platform. Registration is free and open to all Lausanne community members and guests and can be found at www.lausannelearning.com/sel, where you can also purchase Jonathan Mooney's books.
2021 Lausanne SEL Speaker Lineup:
- January 12- Jonathan Mooney, best-selling author, on neurodiversity
- February 16- Dr. Chanda Murphy, psychologist and owner of Mindful in Memphis, on social media
- March 16- Dr. Patrice Reed, pediatrician, on building resiliency
- April 13- Dr. Danielle Jackson, social worker, on self-care for parents
- May 11- Dr. Colby Taylor, psychologist and professor at Christian Brothers University- Movement for the Body and Brain
Please contact Director of Social Emotional Learning Greg Graber (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Director of Lausanne Learning Amber Colvin (email@example.com) with questions or for more information!