- Visit LaptopSchools.
- Pick the model and options that you would like, and for each, click on “buy.” The Shopping Cart will tally in the left column.
- Before you check out, you will be required to register with the site.
- After you checkout, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please reply to this e-mail if you have any special instructions or requests.
We highly recommend that you purchase one of the laptops available above, particularly if your child is in Middle School. You have the benefit of on-site tech support for these machines. However, you can choose to purchase a laptop other than the ones available through this program. Any laptop that has the latest versions of Windows 10 and the MacOS are likely compatible. Use the specifications on the laptop comparison sheet above as a reference when purchasing a laptop. If you already own a laptop and want to know if it’s compatible, please contact the Tech Department. Chromebooks or any other laptops with the Chrome operating system are NOT compatible.
There’s also a $150 annual tech fee for laptops not purchased through the school program. The fee covers the cost of licensing, connectivity, and access to a loaner laptop for up to two weeks if repairs are needed. The laptop will need to be brought to the Tech Department for final setup.
- LAPTOP TRAINING DAY, CURRENT STUDENTS
Rising 5th graders have training during the last few months of school. You do not have to have purchased your laptop before this date, as we will have loaners available for your child.
- GET YOUR TYPING SKILLS IN ORDER!
Learning to type is a critical piece in using technology to its potential. With the emphasis Lausanne places on technology integration beginning in early childhood, it is important that your child learn to master the typing process. There are plenty of free resources available for your child to get started. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org