Lausanne's tuition supports 100% of the school’s operating budget by funding the highest level of educational and program opportunities available, hiring and retaining talented faculty and staff, and maintaining a campus that will enhance all learners' experiences.
2023-2024 Admission Fees & Tuition Payments
2022-2023 Admission Fees & Tuition Payments
Lausanne offers a need-based financial assistance program for families with students entering grades 1–12. We cannot offer financial assistance until students enter first grade due to limited placement opportunities in our Early Childhood classrooms (PK2, PK3, JK, SK).
New families should apply for both admission and financial assistance by December 31 for first-round enrollment and award consideration. All current and re-enrolling families should submit their financial assistance applications by November 30.
Families offered enrollment opportunities and qualifying for financial assistance will have awards included in their enrollment contract offers.
1. Complete the admission application process using the online admission application and working with the Lausanne admission team.
2. Prepare to apply for financial assistance, by reviewing Lausanne’s Financial Assistance Policies and Procedures and using the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) Workbook to gather materials you will need to reference as you answer questions in the PFS.
3. Complete the parent financial statement (PFS) through our third party financial assistance application, School & Student Services (SSS). Usethe SSS Family Guide (English Version or Spanish Version) to help you through the SSS application. As you work, you can save and stop your work at any time, then log in again using your email address and password.
4. Pay the $60 SSS application fee. This is non-refundable and collected through SSS.
5. Upload your most current year's tax documents to your family portal. This includes all financially responsible parties' W2s and official tax returns. Please also have any other forms of taxes you receive. For example, if you are a business owner or self-employed, submit your 1099. Please note: you will be able to upload your new year's taxes to your family portal upon receipt. It is best to have estimates for the new year's earnings on hand when submitting your SSS application. Please submit any updated income information to your portal during your application process so we can have a clear picture of your family’s financial situation during award deliberations.
6. For help with the SSS application, visit the Family Resource Center, call (800) 344-8828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone support is available 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
What is TRP?
The Tuition Refund Policy is financial protection for each family's tuition investments. It is required for all first-time students, all financial assistance recipients, and anyone choosing the 10-month payment plan. In the event of a student withdrawal, the TRP can allow for a 60% refund of the remaining tuition. It is highly encouraged for all families to have TRP.
What is included in the Activity Fees?
For PK–4th Grade: Lausanne Spirit T-shirt, assignment book, books, class T-shirt, class parties, classroom materials, daytime field trips and transportation, newsletters, recorder, snacks, standardized testing, transcript, yearbook, rest-mat and chair bag, as needed in each grade.
For 5th–12th Grades: Lausanne Spirit T-shirt, fine arts fees (Michelangelo, supplies, band shirt, music/chorus/acting/photo fees), language workbooks and online fees, novel fees, PLAN/PSAT testing fee, science lab fees, textbooks, transportation for local field trips, and yearbook.
What is not included in the Tuition and Fees?
Items Not Included in the Tuition and Fees for All Students: AfterCare, after-school enrichment programs, athletic uniforms/equipment/fees, school pictures, Conservatory, English as an Additional Language Program (EAL), individual class supplies, tutoring, and optional items.
For 5th–12th Grades: Calculators, English as an Additional Language fees/tutoring, International Baccalaureate (external) testing fees, laptops, out-of-town and class trips, senior graduation fees, software/accessories, and items not specified in "Items Included" above.
Lausanne will do its best to help you during this process. Listed below are a few points that might help you better understand the way funds are distributed. Also, feel free to review the SSS PFS Parent FAQs here!
It is the responsibility of the student's parents and guardians to pay the school tuition. Lausanne & SSS will consider the assets of both natural parents, if living, before making any award and cannot be bound by the assertion that one parent has disclaimed responsibility for educational expenses or that a court has ordered or failed to order payment by a spouse for a child's education. We hope you will work together to submit the PFS if needed.
The PFS is intended to capture a picture of the resources available within a household. If parents are separated or divorced and both parents contribute financially to the applicant, a separate SSS application must be completed by each parent. Lausanne will also need copies of both parent's W-2s and tax return documents. If the custodial parent has remarried, we will also consider the stepparent's assets, bearing in mind the obligations of that stepparent to his or her natural children. SSS states that paying private school tuition is the child's parent/guardians' responsibility, including stepparents. There needs to be an SSS application for each household.
For more information, please reference pages 9-10 on the SSS Parent Financial Aid FAQs.
According to the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA), Lausanne cannot offer more financial assistance than the family qualified for through SSS. If a family is given more than they qualified for, then the student is not eligible to participate in varsity sports. This policy is subject to all families regardless of their grade level. Also, if a family is 60 days past due on their billing, that student is not eligible to participate in varsity sports.
We welcome the opportunity to help you through the admission and financial assistance applications.